FERNANDO SEGAL IS A WORLD CLASS TENNIS LEADER
In that sense, he is fully committed in every development project that he has been involved creating a growth and team environment with clear statements, objectives and programs to achieve results with his philosophical concepts, development style and leadership being the unique Latino American Tennis Coach who has been working on maximum leadership position on several National Federation he has earned recognition for his insights, projects and results which lead every organization to a new level of tennis.
International Development Tennis Center - IDTC
Founder and CEO of IDTC which is the leading private company who has developed a systematic methodology of teaching and training tennis on clubs creating a network to increase tennis participation and competitive tennis players around the globe. We have experiences in several countries like IDTC Argentina, IDTC Brazil, IDTC Mexico, IDTC Bolivia, IDTC USA and proximately in other countries.
- Clubs network using his IDTC methodologies
- Tennis Congress, courses, clinics and camps
- Every club increase his tennis participation and tennis development and teaching environment
- IDTC develop tennis leaders
- Many more
ON HIS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS AND PARTICIPATION APPROACHES HE HAS PRODUCED MORE THAN 1.000.000 MILLION KIDS PARTICIPATING ON TENNIS AND SEVERAL TOP TEN ATP/WTA PLAYERS PRODUCED FOR HIS NATIONAL TENNIS PROGRAMS.
Argentine Tennis Association (ATA)
Working in Argentine Tennis Association (ATA) two times, from 1991-1994 like Coordinator of the Promotion and Training Tennis Coaches Department and since 1996 being elected by Mr. Enrique Morea (ATA President and former lifetime ITF Vice-President) like National Tennis Director and General Director of the Argentine Tennis Federation until 2001, Fernando has produced with his ideas, programs and changes a memorable impact on Argentine Tennis with historical results such as:
- Creating the ATA National Program and Development Department (Still is working right now).
- Creating and producing a High-performance Development program with several resources for a tennis player (Coaches, National Tennis Center, money resources, applied science to tennis, etc.). These approaches create a new level of achievements for Argentine like 2 Junior World Championship Champions, 3 Junior World Championships finalist, 6 Grand Slam Championships, 18 South-American Championship Champions, with winners in many important championships like; Orange Bowl, Bonfiglio Cup, World Junior Games, and many others.
- Developing a new pathway to train and certificate tennis teachers and coaches
- Changing the national competition system
- Founding the Medical Department (With Javier Maquirriain), Tennis and Sport Psychology Department and Physical Department (With Alberto Osete)
- Developing promotional programs such as: “Tennis at the primary school” With the official support of the National Education Ministry with more than 800.000 kids playing tennis on their primary schools
- Many more to describe
Mexican Tennis Federation (FMT)
Being invited for the Mexican Tennis Federation to be his National Tennis Director in charge of all areas of Development Tennis, he started to work on May 2009 creating a new pathway to modernize the technical and strategical tennis management of the National structure. Mr Gaston Villegas (President MTF) and Mr Nicolas Madahuar (Former MTF Member) all together were working closely with him. He has produced a tremendous and positive impact for Mexican tennis achievement result never reached like:
- Creating the MTF National Program and Development Department
- Creating and producing a High-performance Development program with several resources for tennis players (Coaches, National Tennis Centers, money resources, applied science to tennis, etc.). These approaches create a new level of achievements for Mexico like: COSAT Championships, 3 Panamerican silver medals with women team (48 years ago was the last Panamerican medals on women tennis for Mexico) 4th place on ITF World Junior Championship with women team, two times on final Group 1 Fed Cup America to be on World group, a new generation of women tennis player Top 200 (The 2nd and 3rd best historical ranking on women’s tennis for Mexico is coming off his program), several Centro-American gold medals and international championships with several other players.
- He made that the Mexican team U12 and U14 competed in Europe and the USA like teams.
- Developing a new pathway to train and certificate tennis teachers and coaches creating the National Tennis Coaches model for Certification Coaches academies with National Government support.
- Changing the national competition system o He helps with his programs to develop two Tennis National Facilities in Merida, Yucatán and Rosarito, Baja California.
- Developing the Medical Department, the Tennis and Sport Psychology Department and Physical Department
- Developing promotional programs such as: “Tennis at the primary school” With the official support of the CONADE (Mexican Sports Secretary) with more than 300.000 kids playing tennis on their primary schools
- Many more to describe
New Zealand Tennis Federation (NZTF)
In many occasions, Fernando is requested for national and regional Tennis Organism to help them. In this opportunity the New Zealand Tennis Federation hired him as a consultant in 2004/5 to implement his ideas and concepts in their own National Development Tennis System. Was a big privilege for him to work with them because they are plenty of nice people committed and working seriously for the growth of tennis in the country. Tasks implemented are:
- Several tennis courses for tennis coaches
- Tennis camps with national teams
- Meetings with key people and the board
- Presenting at the National Tennis Board
- Help to create awareness about international tennis needs and protocols for NZ teams and players
- Training HP NZNF working team
- Tennis Australia. Doing presentations invited for key people about development plans and tennis courts profiles
- Many others
FEDERATION PAULISTA DE TENIS - BRAZILIAN TENNIS CONFEDERATION (BTC)
For Fernando, being in Brazil, it’s like his second home in South America because he has a big love for the country and their people and also, he has a lot of tennis friends there. He was working with IDTC with an agreement with the Federation Paulista de Tenis (The biggest one in the country) producing several actions like Congress, tennis events and tennis courses. Besides that, he was helping with his ideas and recommendations the Brazilian Tennis Confederation (BTC) staff and board about how to implement several projects in training coaches, tennis development pathway and others.
- IDTC-FPT Tennis Congress
- FPT tennis courses and development teams
- Spain-Brazil and Argentine Tennis Congress 2005 (With Emilio Sanchez Vicario and FS like main speakers)
- CBT consultancy
ITF INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEES
(Marketing the Game, Participation Task Force, Coaches Commission, North- American Group, ITF events)
ITF INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEES (Marketing the Game, Participation Task Force, Coaches Commission, North- American Group, ITF events)
Fernando has developed many technical development resources and concepts which have been used in international federations, academies and coaches. For these reasons, many times in different occasions ITF has recognized it inviting him to participate in several ITF Committees and Task-forces to develop areas of tennis. He has been involved in:
- ITF Marketing the game Task-Force
- ITF Participation Task Force
- ITF Coaches Commission
- ITF North-America Group
- ITF Worldwide Coaches Conference Directing team (Cancun 2013), 4 different ITF Regional Coaches Conference as well.
- COSAT tennis coaches’ group. (For many years)
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION COMMITTEES (GPTCA, IMSCA, STMS, ITA, others)
Always full involved on his more than 4 decades on tennis coaching and development projects, Fernando has been invited in several international tennis organization to be part and to share his ideas, philosophy and tennis concepts. Organization on Sports Science, Coaches Education, Sports Medicine, and others)
- GPTCA President for Argentine and Chile (Actual President of official ATP Coaches Certification endorsement)
- IMSCA (Mental Coach Worldwide Association. Board member of Scientific Committee)
- STMS (Sports Medicine on Tennis) Educational Committee member
- International Tennis Association (International speaker several times invited)
- ODEPA Speaker (Panamerican Sports Organization)
- COSAT Speaker (South-American Tennis Confederation)
MAIN SPEAKER ON INTERNATIONAL TENNIS AND SPORTS EVENTS
Tennis coaching life to coach others has been for Fernando a priority and a beautiful journey. Having done presentations in countries such: Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia, Perú, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Mexico, Japan, Portugal, France, Turkey, Germany, New Zealand, USA, Spain, South Korea, Russia, England and others in presentation about tennis topics such as:
- Development of tennis projects for countries
- Tennis leadership and how to create technical teams
- Tennis participation and promotion programs
- How tennis has to grow.
- SAF Technical methodologies
- Tennis training
- Coach the coaches. Developing coaches and certification models
- Footwork modern abilities
- Operational and business model for tennis organizations
- Evaluate your player
SEGAL TENNIS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
In several projects, Fernando is involved privately on management process or as a consultant to develop tennis players, organization or academies. Following his ideas and compromise actions, every project has a complete structure of values, objectives and management standards. Projects like:
- Mexico Players Team(A private funding to develop tennis players who reached Nr.1 of Professional tennis in Mexico)
- University program(Developing consultancy for tennis players and parents) Many players received scholarships at USA Universities throughout this project.
- Segal Tennis Racket and material researches(Now with Dunlop project in Mexico and Latino America)
- Segal Mentoring program for parents and coaches